MagicCon: Minneapolis is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. Please read this informational guide thoroughly before sending an inquiry email. For any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, please email us at [email protected]. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
Minneapolis Convention Center: Accessibility | Meet Minneapolis
Accessible design benefits all of us at some point in our lives. The goal of MCC’s accessible design is to provide equal use of the building for all people including those who use wheelchairs, canes, mobility scooters and those with vision and hearing impairments. Specifically, the facility includes locations for easy curbside drop-off along 2nd Ave., automatic building entrances, automatic 3rd Ave. Parking Ramp doors, power assist doors, and wheelchair-accessible elevators and bathrooms.
Mobility Rental: Mobility equipment is available to rent at our Visitor Information Center located on Level One at the main entrance. We have both power-operated vehicles (scooters) and manual wheelchairs. Currently, pre-registration is not available, though you can call us ahead of time at 612-335-6040 to check on availability.
Equipment should be returned to the Visitor Information Center each day.
Payment | All transactions must be processed with Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Checks and cash cannot be accepted.
Rates | Scooters are $50 per day, Wheelchairs are $20 per day
Service Animals: The MCC welcomes working guide and service animals into all public areas of the building. For the safety of our visitors, comfort animals, therapy animals, companion animals, or emotional support animals are only allowed at the MCC if they are trained to perform a specific task for an individual with a disability.
Lactation Lounges: There are two designated lactation lounges available. If you need access to this, please call our Command Center at 612-335-6040 for assistance.
Parking: Accessible parking is available at both the 3rd Ave. Parking Ramp and the Plaza Parking Ramp. Curbside drop-off locations are also available along the front of the building on 2nd Ave.
When you arrive, please look for signage for the designated ADA entry. Disabled guests may use this entry to safely enter the venue. After using the ADA entry, please immediately visit the Accessibility Services Hub at Registration/Will Call so they may issue a special access credential.
Accessibility Services Hub
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA sticker/credential. There is no ADA pre-registration before the event - this is all done onsite at the event.
There will be an Accessibility Services Hub located at Registration/Will Call. The exact location of this hub will be labeled on the event map when it is released. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA sticker/credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA stickers are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your sticker for the entire duration of the event
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion sticker to the Accessibility Services Hub to be reissued
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only service animals that have been individually trained and are under the proper care of their owners will be allowed within the premises.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must be registered at the Accessibility Services Desk upon entry into the event
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All service animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you're inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
Interpreters & Additional Services
American Sign Language interpreters will be available for select panels upon request.
Closed captioning, braille/large font print, guided tours, or other forms of effective communication can be available upon request.
Requests for the services are now closed.
- Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. Your medications must be cleared by the medic team at the event entry.
- Other Services: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or another accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at [email protected]. If you require assistance due to pregnancy/nursing, please reach out to the event's information email address at [email protected].
- A Quiet Room is available to all MagicCon: Minneapolis badge holders who need to take a sensory break during show hours. Check the show map for the exact location. Please be courteous and respectful of your fellow fans sharing this space.
- Quiet Room Hours
- Friday, May 5 | 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 6 | 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Sunday, May 7 | 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Quiet Room Hours
Comments, Questions, & Suggestions
MagicCon: Minneapolis will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at [email protected] for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We look forward to seeing you at MagicCon: Minneapolis.